Make Your Car Difficult To Be Towed
Car towing safety, cars that can be flat towed, tow your car
Everybody on the earth loves his vehicle. Who else will want his vehicle
to be towed? But there may be the chances that some day unknowingly you
have parked your car in non parking zone or a cunning thief may try to
steal your car. To avoid your car to be towed in any condition you will
have to be more careful. Here are some precautions that you should take
to make your car difficult to be towed:
1. Always try to park your car in the authorized parking zone.
Always abide by the rules and regulations of towing in that area.
2. Try to park your car in between two cars, one in front of it and another
in the back. It will be almost impossible for any one to tow your car
in this condition.
3. When you park your car, turn wheels fully in one side. It will be very
difficult to tow your car from the back side. Only a tow truck with flat
bed can do this.
4. Try to park your car with any steep obstacle in back or front of it.
This will not allow your car to be towed easily.
5. Always leave emergency brakes applied hardly while parking.
6. Use any steering wheel locking device.
7. Select the 4-HI setting if your car has a 4-Wheel Drive system. Now
it will require all four wheels to move together as the drive train is
all locked in this condition.
8. Always park your vehicle leaving it in some low gear. Don’t forget
to remove the car from the gear while leaving otherwise you may damage
9. On the back of your car place a “Pressurized Non-Flammable Gas” warning
symbol. Most of the vehicle insurance policies do not cover this type
of hazard. So no tow truck driver will take the risk of towing your car.
10. While in home always park your car in garage. This will be best protection
for your car.
11. If any way your car is towed and you feel it is illegal, inform to
the managers of the building or owners of the shopping mall immediately.
They may ask for the explanation from the driver of towing vehicle about
12. If you intend to not to use your car for a long time and want to eliminate
the possibility of towing of your car, you may remove all the four wheels
of it. It will be very difficult for you as you will have to put them
again in place when you need to use it.
These were the some precautionary measures that you may take to make your
car difficult to be towed, however these measures do not completely eliminate
the possibility of towing.